Sunday, February 7, 2010

Hey!

I am very excited to have the opportunity to travel to Australia with my dad. I have decided to document my experiences so I'll never forget it. I have wanted to go to Australia for as long as I can remember and I finally get to go!

Travelling from Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada to Brisbane, Queensland, Australia involves 4 airplanes and 25(ish) hours in the air. Halifax > Toronto > Vancouver > Sydney > Brisbane. I'm not looking forward to the "getting there" part of our trip, but I know it will all be worth it once we arrive in Brisbane.


We will be spending most of our time in Maroochydore, a town located about 100km north (2 hour drive) of Brisbane. My dad's mother (aka my grandmother), "Ya-Ya"; my dad's sister (aka my aunt), Pauline; and Pauline's son (my cousin), Phil live in Maroochydore -- about a 7 minute drive from the beach. The aerial view of Maroochydore kind of reminds me of a bigger version of Bedford, except instead of having a lot of snow, they have a lot of sand. I would definitely choose sand over snow any day.

No comments:

Post a Comment